1. Position: Executive
Role: Investment Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
• Screen entrepreneurs’ pitch decks, conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, help investment Partners with due diligence, and creating investment memos
• Evaluate opportunities for investment, assess investment risks, analyze financial data, and perform business and investment valuation
• Proactively source new investment opportunities
• Manage due diligence process, write investment memos and assist with investment execution
• Conduct market research on competitive industries and evaluate their products and services, and the demand for these competitive products and services
• Assist the RTA leads in carrying out various group and individual activities related to supporting entrepreneurs in the pre and post funding stages
• Interact with entrepreneurs, advisors, clients, financing orgs, lawyers and ICT ecosystem players
• Develop and deliver presentations to the board, teams, portfolio companies, partnersand clients
• Coordinate with internal and external partners on high-impact strategies and evaluation
• Represent RTA at relevant sector specific conferences, meetups, and events
• Represent RTA at events that help build the ecosystem for diverse entrepreneurs in tech
• Previous experience (5 years) and knowledge of the world of technology startups as a founder, early stage employee, or other full-time role
• Excellent business research and financial modeling skills
• Demonstrated experience with a high-impact organization
• Self-starter and demonstrated success working with diverse teams
• Bachelor’s degree (an MBA is a plus)
• Degree in Computer Science or exposure to self taught development coursework a significant plus
• Work experience in venture capital, investment banking, consulting, or other finance organizations
• Familiarity with venture capital financing structures and practices, e.g., convertible debt and equity
• Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for finding tech-driven solutions to close quality-of-life gaps
• Ability to work collaboratively with entrepreneurs and other clients from diverse backgrounds is highly desirable; charismatic, people- and relationship-oriented
• Demonstrated curiosity around and aptitude for understanding new technologies and business models
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and written skills; clear succinct writer, eloquent
• Intellectual curiosity, self-awareness
• Positive entrepreneurial outlook with desire to make a large impact on an organization
• Strong personal networks amongst entrepreneurs
• Familiarity with major tech ecosystem individuals, groups and events
• You will have ownership of your projects and manage these projects from start to finish
• Interact and build relationships with VCs, entrepreneurs, and ICT ecosystem players
• Learn about commerce, media, education, health care, consumer finance, financial inclusion, and other sectors in which we invest
2. Role: Credit Analyst
Company: PecanTrust MicroFinance Bank
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Responsibilities: Evaluating clients’ credit data and financial statements in order to determine the degree of risk involved in lending money to them. Preparing reports about the degree of risk in lending money to clients. Analyzing client records and using the data to recommend payment plans.
Link to apply: https://www.jobberman.com/listings/credit-analyst-nxzjv0
3. Role: Financial Director
Company: Patriarch Business Advisory
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The financial director accounts for the financial resources of the company, is responsible for the efforts, results, and success of the organization’s finance, provides appropriate financial documents, responsible for budget planning and control, analysis, advice, and support to senior management team by offering insights and financial advice that will make the best business decisions for the company.
• Preparation of short to long-term financial plans and projections for the company.
• Preparation of required financial statements in accordance with relevant IFRSs.
• Conduct analysis of financial risks and benefits on business initiatives.
• Allocate funds for capital projects in tandem with CEO vision.
• Support and facilitate fundraising activities (debt, equity, or debt/equity-free funding).
• Ensure that all the company’s financial policies and practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
• Update and implement companies’ financial policies and procedures
• Establish and implement a continuous training program for new finance employees.
• Conduct internal auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up to date.
• Promote Revenue growth.
• Maintain good relationships with investors and other key stakeholders.
• Attend to other management roles as may be assigned by the CEO.
• Effectively participate in management functions to fulfill the company’s mission and objectives.
• Good commercial and business awareness and understanding of the business macroenvironment
• Strong analytic skills and ability to interpret the financial consequences of a decision.
• Excellent communication skills
• Sound IT skills especially with the use of accounting and accounting software
• Good problem solving and strategic thinking
• Exceptional numerical proficiency
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Package – Word, Excel.
Qualifications and Experiences
• B.Sc. Accounting Graduate preferably a Chartered Accountant (ICAN, ACCA, and/or CIMA).
• Proficiency in the use of relevant accounting software.
• Financial management experience of at least 4-7 years.
Link to apply: Google Form Link: http://bit.ly/2Lc0tB2
4. Role: Head, Capital Market
Company: DynamicPlus Advisory
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
DynamicPlus Advisory is a professional consultancy that provides strategic and cost effective business solutions to start-ups as well as small and medium sized businesses by Studying their businesses, understanding their individual needs, and providing them with the necessary customized solutions to their Human Resources needs.
• Oversee the preparation of financial models and report them; developing and present appropriate financial solutions;
• Carry out a critical and analytical evaluation of a company’s financial/operational positions and proffer a realistic and fair-view position before undertaking the capital raising exercise;
• Carry out valuation, pricing, and regulatory aspects of any Capital Market transaction as required by regulatory bodies;
• Prepare prospectus, right circular, information memorandum, scheme document and other documents amongst others that might be required for the capital raising exercise;
• Meet with representatives/officers of other professional party(ies) to any transaction to ensure proper coordination;
• Market Capital Market transactions to prospective clients through proposal, expression of interest or any other letters as may be required to prospective clients;
• Monitor trends in the Nigerian financial market and remaining abreast of financial legislations (including rules of SEC, NSE, CBN, DMO, NAICOM, PENCOM etc.) and product changes;
• Handle client complaints and address them;
• Provide leadership and analytical support for the company’s businesses;
• Offer support for research analyses and activities to other departments and the subsidiaries of the company;
• Ensure proper conduct and publication of equity research report, daily financial market update, daily business headlines, macro-economic analysis, commentary on CBN MPC communique, and any other reports as any be required from time to time;
• Coordinate the preparation of the presentation slides for the company’s weekly investment meeting and participation of team members;
• Ensure proper valuation, reporting and dissemination of KPMG Partners’ Welfare Scheme;
• Monitor and mark-to-market the company’s proprietary trading account;
• Deal on behalf of the company in its primary and supplemental market marking functions;
• Coordinate team members in the department;
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting or Business Administration
• Possession of a postgraduate academic or professional qualification in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage
• Proven extensive ability and success to contribute to the development of a business vision and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience preferably in research, quantitative analysis, and/or financial reporting
• Excellent report writing skills
• Excellent/Effective communication skills (verbal, written, presentation and listening)
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to:
using the position as subject of email.
5. Role: Valuation Financial Services Senior Associate
Company: PwC, UK
Who we’re looking for?
A highly motivated individual to join our Financial Services Valuations team at the Senior Associate level. You will have commercial experience in, and enthusiasm for, Financial Services, a desire to learn and develop, and a willingness to contribute to the growth and culture of our team.
About the role
We are looking to recruit Senior Associate level individuals into our London, Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, with individuals expected to, at times, work with other offices in the UK.
A Senior Associate in our team is a rewarding role, combining opportunities to develop deep valuation skills, to gain industry insights, to develop your network and most of all, to learn and collaborate with a fun and talented team.
The day to day roles of Senior Associates typically include research, financial analysis, financial modelling and report writing, developing softer skills such as relationship buildings, coaching others, contributing to thought leadership and being part of the team’s winning and delivery of work.
We believe a Senior Associate role in our team is a great step to start building your financial career, in an environment that is commercially focused, innovative and collaborative.
Key responsibilities will include
Supporting in the delivery of valuations and advisory services to our clients, including drafting and communication of our insights to financial services clients.
Analysing business plans and financial services sector dynamics to build financial models that make the best use of our leading data and analytics tools at PwC.
Assisting in areas of business development, practice development and strategy.
Essential skills and experience
• Well organised and able to prioritise multiple client projects appropriately
• Proficient in Excel
• Strong analytical skills matched by an ability to think laterally
• Ability to deliver high-quality written work
• Strong attention to detail, assimilating large amounts of commercial and financial information in a fast-paced transaction services environment while still being able to see the big picture, where appropriate
• Ability to work effectively in teams, sometimes to tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
• ACA or CFA qualified (although not essential)
• Financial modelling experience
• Willingness to learn using other data and analysis tools (such as Alteryx, Tableau or Power BI)